|Darren Wilson leaves station for Hospital (L) Arrives back at station (R)|
Sources have told the Post-Dispatch that Wilson has told authorities that before the radio call he had stopped to tell Brown and his friend, Dorian Johnson, 22, to quit walking down the middle of the street. They kept walking, and he then realized that Brown matched the description of the suspect in the stealing call. (Bold emphasis mine)Listen to the following radio dispatch calls
- At 11:53 a.m., a dispatcher reported a “stealing in progress” at the Ferguson Market.
- About four minutes later, there’s more detail
- At noon, Wilson reports that he’s back in service from the sick-baby call.
- At 12:02 p.m., Wilson says, “21. Put me on Canfield with two. And send me another car.”
- Forty-one seconds after Wilson’s call, unit 25 reported that he was about to arrive at Wilson’s location
- Forty-eight seconds later, another officer had arrived or was about to, announcing, “22’s out.”
- 12:03 PM - 9 Aug 2014 an eyewitness to the shooting Tweeted:I JUST SAW SOMEONE DIE OMFG
- Brown was killed less than 61 seconds after the dispatcher acknowledged that Wilson had stopped two men.
- At one minute, 13 seconds after Wilson’s call, an unidentified officer has arrived and asks, “Where’s the other one?” referring to Johnson.
- Eleven seconds later, there’s a brief burst of static and an unintelligible bit of speech. A dispatcher responds, “10-4 on Canfield.”
- Twenty seconds later, unit 25 called in to ask if the dispatcher could send a supervisor to Canfield
- At 12:05, a dispatcher called for an ambulance
Wilson leaving for the hospital from the police station