|Chicago Crime and Murder Stats|
While Chicago marched for Mike Brown, some carrying signs that read, "Black Lives Matter", this is what was going on in their city:
Friday 11/28 (Red- homicide)
10:20a 8500 S Carpenter St, Auburn Gresham, M/18 !
3:30p 3100 W 64th Pl, Chicago Lawn, M/15
3:30p 3100 W 64th Pl, Chicago Lawn, M/14
3:30p 3100 W 64th Pl, Chicago Lawn, M/16
3:30p 5500 W Madison St, Austin, M/21
7:35p 9000 S Laflin St, Washington Heights, M/19
8:30p 55 E Grand Ave, Near North Side, F/22 story
11:00p 2500 S Central Park Ave, Little Village, M/?
Saturday, the day of the march 11/29 Two killed and at least five people were wounded:
- A 27-year-old man who refused to put down a gun was shot by an off-duty Cook County correctional officer in West Town early Sunday morning, police said. An off-duty correctional officer was walking down the block when he saw a man in a crowd waving a handgun, police said. The off-duty officer approached the man and told him to drop the gun. The 27-year-old man then allegedly pointed the gun at the officer, and the officer shot him repeatedly, police said. Police said another man picked up the 27-year-old man's gun and fled the scene.
- About 3:40 a.m. Sunday, a 28-year-old man was shot in the 4200 block of West Cermak Road in the city's Little Village neighborhood on the West Side, Gaines said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his leg.
- Hours earlier, a 21-year-old man was shot on the 1000 block of West 103rd Street at 6:40 p.m. Saturday in the Washington Heights neighborhood on the South Side. The man was walking through an alley when he was shot in the upper right thigh and was taken in good condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said.
- At about the same time Saturday, a 33-year-old man was shot on the 3200 block of West Maypole Street in the East Garfield Park neighborhood on the West Side, Lemmon said. The man sustained a gunshot wound to his back and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition had stabilized.
- About 12:40 p.m. Saturday, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the 1600 block of North Monticello Avenue in the Humboldt Park neighborhood on the West Side.
2:50a 700 W Grand Ave West Town, M/27 story (Officer involved)
3:40a 4200 W Cermak Rd North Lawndale, M/28
1:45p 8900 S Cottage Grove, Chatham, M/52
3:10p 7200 S Vincennes Ave, Englewood, M/22
JAN. 1, 2014 - NOV. 30, 2014 Shootings in Chicago: 1,911
Totals Since Michael Brown was killed in Ferguson (Aug 9 – Nov 24)
Shot & Killed: 130
Shot & Wounded: 725
Total Shot: 855
Total Homicides: 155
According to the following chart, Hispanics represent a larger percentage than both police and whites when it comes to being the shooter and victim. Blacks, by far, represent the highest percentage in both categories, shooter and victim. Whites represent the lowest percentage in both categories.
|Chicago Crime and Murder|
|2014 Chicago Crime|